Saturday, June 18, 2016

Electricity comes from other planets

I've grown to truly enjoy the challenge of one layer cards, so when my husband gave me the craft prompt of "the Whole World in Your Hands," I was reminded of the fun I had with the Less is More "Splatters" challenge & created this hopeful card with a color combo directly inspired by the original Gay Pride Flag.


I started by making a frame mask for the outer border from scrap cardstock; I did the same for the circle piece. I used both the circle & its negative to mask the sections of the center image. I used bright Blue ink & dark Navy inks to create the  background, . I used Pine Green pigment ink & blue embossing powder for the Earth element. I used a  coffee-stain TH stencil to create the ocean. The rainbow rays are stamped with watermark ink & heat-embossed it the beautiful colors in my stash. The sentiment is from Verve Stamps & is heat-embossed in a glittery white powder; I purposefully let some of the powder remain on the background. This is a keeper, like equal rights!

Inspiration/Challenges:
Less is More #280: Splatters + One Layer
Inkspirational Challenge #111: Masking
Word Art Wednesdays: Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by,




2 comments:

  1. I love the rich colours here and amazing masking. Thanks for joining Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the use of bright colors and the great world scene that you created! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.