Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Flasher Santa

As soon as I saw the Big Buckle Card (tutorial at Splitcoaststampers), I knew I had to make a Santa card. Now, I realize that doing so creates a card that basically requires the recipient to undress Santa, but who doesn't have a friend who would find that funny?!

♪♪ I saw Mommy unbuckling Santa Claus...underneath the Christmas Tree Last Night! ♪♪
[ref.]

Those arguments aside, I found the perfect opportunity to try my card idea, at this week's Winter Wonderland Challenge: Here Comes Santa Claus. (Oh dear my head just went to a naughty place again...) Assuming you're still reading this post and haven't blocked me yet, here's my quite innocent final card:

It's difficult to see in the photo, but the borders are cut from a polka-dot-embossed paper. I sewed the stitching on the belt by hand. It was really easy; I might make more!

2 comments:

  1. Well i'm not averse to unbuckling Santa....as long as he's cute lol! Love it hon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on a Santa card .. and thanks for the chuckle!! Thanks for joining our Santa challenge at Winter Wonderland this week!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.