Thursday, May 5, 2011

Stampin' Dymonz Grand Give-A-Way: Distressed Tag

It's day 8 (oh my gosh!) of the Tim Times Ten Grand Give-A-Way Challenge at the Stampin' Dymonz blog:
  • distressed tag
  • use a minimum of 3 colors of ink
  • use at least 1 image stamp and 1 sentiment stamp
  • color your sentiment stamp using two different ink colors and stamp with one press
  • unique piece of ribbon or other embellishment should be used for the hole in the tag
I really hope I met all the requirements for this challenge, but this tag just came together so well that I can't bear to change it! Thanks for the inspiration -- I've learned a lot this week and am finding myself feeling a little bolder with some of these fancier stamping techniques.

Ironically, this is perhaps the first tag I've made for this challenge that doesn't use Tim Holtz Distress Inks! For the "distressed" background, I used Lemon, Lavender & Light Blue dye inks I bought by mistake (they aren't very good for stamping; I didn't know the difference between dye and pigment inks at the time), and I really like the effect! The peacock/flowers are one rubber stamp (another $1 bin special) that I colored with seven colors of Marvy brush markers (2 blues, 2 pinks, 3 purples). I did the same with the "Bliss" sentiment.

I cannot believe both stamps came out so well on the first try. I never expected that! I scalloped the piece, distressed the edges a bit with an emery board, and mounted it to a lavender cardstock edged with the light blue ink.

For the ribbon, I striped a white ribbon with the seven colors of markers I used for the stamping. It was easy, but I did have to color both sides. I used the markers to decorate the bead as well.

I added a few gemstones on the peacock's fan just because.

Supplies: sentiment from Bliss set by Stampin' Up!, Peacock/flower stamp from stash, Michaels wooden bead, I ink, Recollections cardstock, ZIG glue, Scotch foam tape, Offray ribbon, Fiskars scallop scissors & papercutter, Marvy brush markers, Martha Stewart gem stickers, Inkadinkado dye ink


9 comments:

  1. So cute! I love that peacock stamp! Great $1 find! It is playful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag!! I also LOVE that peacock stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tag, and love your details on the peacock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet tag! Your colors worked well together..Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done.....Love how the colors came together....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute tag, love the peacock. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job with experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely tag with some great colours. Thankyou for sharing this at Stampin Dymonz Creative Space Timx10 challenge. Goodluck

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.