Sunday, February 13, 2011

Last-chance Valentines

This week's freebie at Too Many Ideas, PaperFacesDesigns' blog, is this cute heart-themed tag cut file. Therese had made a pumpkin tag in the Fall and I found myself in need of a heart-themed version, so I bugged her about it and ta-da! Ah, the power of the DT! I had planned on using the tag for a magnet card that I saw on the Fiskars blog, but with only a couple of days until Valentine's, it will have to wait for another time...the Moms already have cards in the mail!

The card on the right is a window version I made for fun; I freehand cut the window and stamped it all over with three shades of red. I love the effect you can get with Core'dinations cardstock and an emery board!

There are still a few Valentines-themed challenges that I wanted to try, so I made the tag on the left.
I had too much fun coloring this Penny Black stamp again.


Inspiration:
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #39: Hearts
Delicious Doodles Challenge #12: Valentines Day
Dutch Dare Challenge #99: Love is in the Air

Cut file: Heart Tag by PaperFacesDesigns

Supplies: Recollections, Hammermill, and Core'dinations cardstocks, textured paper by the Paper Studio (I think), ZipDry glue, pop-dot, Fiskars papercutter and scallop scissors, CelebrateIt! ribbon, Versamark and StazOn inks, Martha Stewart detail scissors and embossing powder, stash silicon frame stamp, gstudio sentiment stamp, Crop-O-Dile II, Bountiful rubber stamp by Penny Black

Copics:
Hedgehog: E11, YR00, E02, E51, E50, 317
Poppies: YR04, RV29, RV59, R27, R29
Daisies: RV29, E04, R59, Y06, Y08
Roses: RV 29, RV04
Mums: RV21, RV23, RV04
Foliage & Background: BG10, YG41, G21, G02

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so cute, I love the bold and bright colors.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Valentine/Love makes CG!

    I love your colouring on the beautiful PB hedgie especially.

    Thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles!

    Keryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of lovely projects hun! Love the hedgie.
    Thanks for playing along at Delicious Doodles this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty tag
    thanks for entering it in our challenge at craftycardmakers
    gill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.